Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One of these things is not like the other

And the magic pointsettia is still going strong... I took yesterday off since the weather report was so fabulous. It was really nice to be home in the warmth that is Spring. I watched a few shows in the morning, but after lunch, I grabbed my mini-easel and set myself up on the deck for a little painting session. Since I am new to acrylics, I didn't realize how quickly the paints on my pallette would dry up in the 84 degree heat. I was able to create a start to my background, but I felt like I was wasting too much paint. So I packed up my supplies and brought them inside. Then I grabbed a handful of art magazines and proceeded to soak up the sun with some piles of inspiration. I could get used to this very easily.

1 comment:

melissa said...

what a resilient little plant...maybe a little lesson there?!