Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lists, lists and more lists

I was reading around blogdom this morning, and it seems that I am not the only person in the midst of making lists. Spiritdoll (http://spiritdoll.blogspot.com/) was writing about "Planting creative seeds" and listing ideas in a creativity notebook. I have always had multiple notebooks going at the same time; my jewelry notebook, my blurb notebook, my favorite blog passages notebook, and now I have a list notebook.

My list notebook contains every thing I want to do, even if it seems impossible, such as getting my jewelry into Oprah's favorite things. The book that I am reading now, "Write it Down, Make it Happen" details dozens of lists to try. To paraphrase the author, by writing a goal down, it keeps it locked in your subconscious and you continually work to make it happen.

There is a phenomenon that I can't recall the name of, that states when you "get" something like a new car or idea, you suddenly see it everywhere like the 45 million Jeep Liberties I see now that I own one. That is how the book describes the successes that come from list-making.

I have always been a lister but I have never used it for my goals. Spiritdoll describes it this way:
"To be a creative alive person we need to have lots of little places to tuck away seed ideas and I think whether you put them all in one special notebook or write them down and store them away in every nook and cranny of your home - the act of writing them down is like magic. It gives them a special fertility. On a similar note this is a special week. I'm not an astrologer - but I like astrology because it is a creative language - so I dip into it every once in a while. On Wednesday there is a new moon solar eclipse. It happens at 3:16am in the Mountain Time Zone - 5:16am Eastern Time. In these days leading up to the new moon in Aries - (a sign of new beginnings and spring) muse about your wishes. Then after the new moon occurs preferable in the 24 hours following write them down. Try it - you don't even have to believe any of it - but there is something fertile and magical about writing down your wishes - generating seeds - if nothing else you are participating in spring."

I think I will plant some "seeds" tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why not "plant" today...?