Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My message

The past year and a half have been very trying for me. First, in August 2010, I was told that my job was being eliminated; then I was asked to stay a few more months. Now I am asked to stay into the last half of next year. Others at my company were chosen, hand picked if you will, to fill jobs that were created just for them. None of us that were over 40 were "picked." Some of these people I considered friends. Not long after they were chosen, most of them stopped talking to me and ignored me when I passed them in the hall and said hello. (See my earlier post titled Me Me Me)

When our company was bought out, this same group broke off into a new company. They left our building last week. Only one person stopped to say goodbye. This brought to a head the feelings of uselessness that I have had since that August Day.

Monday, when I came in, almost my entire floor was empty. Only a few of us remained. That was when I changed my Daily Mood to read this:

That was exactly how I have been feeling for the longest time.

That same morning I read this on Christine Mason Miller's blog.
"Acknowledge a dream. Say it out loud. Have you ever said a dream aloud? Write a dream on a beautiful piece of paper and keep it in a prominent spot. Mindfully attend to it. Know your dreams. Say your dreams. See your dreams. Nothing can take a dream away from you – ever." Carolyn Rubenstein


It was just what I needed to hear. Later that same week, I received this from Christine.



It was like she was reading my mind. Even the color of the envelope is my favorite color.


The Univers is an amazing thing.



3 comments:

Ella said...

So glad you shared! I am happy you were selected to receive this! It was as if the time was now, for this sign to appear to you! You know it is true, but we need to be reminded!
It was a virtual hug meant just for you! :D @>----

Swirly said...

Beautiful...and you DO matter...VERY MUCH.

melissa said...

YOU always matter! The card was meant for you...that Christine knows just what we need :)